We've been sad to see many Preston building disappear over the years.
Sadly, as the wheels of progress change the city skyline forever, we have inevitably lost some familiar places. Here are just a few:
This former home of the Bamber Bridge Spinning and Weaving Company closed as a working mill in 1959. Demolition began in 2013 The three high-rise blocks on Moor Lane were evacuated in March 2011 after abseiling surveyors found the 40-year-old buildings were unsafe due to concrete cancer. They were demolished later that year. The new Sumners opened in December 1985 to replace an adjacent pub by the same name. 33 years later demolition began in October this year. Formerly The Boatman, the pub was also known as Dangerous Sportsman for a time before settling with it's most recent name in 1991. Built in the 60s, the Fylde Building was originally constructed as offices and was bought by UCLan then Preston Polytechnic - in the 70s. Demolition began in August 2015. The 1930s Preston Catholic church closed for worship in 2011, with demolition beginning in July 2018 to make way for a new care home. Both York House and Lancaster House tower blocks were demolished in 2005. Up to 1,300 people once worked at the Goss Printing Press Company. The building was demolished in 2015. The famous Preston shop finished trading in the city in 2009 and was demolished in 2015 to make was for new student living quarters.