EU REF: South Ribble votes OUT

South Ribble residents have voted to leave.

Friday, 24th June 2016, 3:27 am
Updated Thursday, 25th August 2016, 7:12 pm

58.6% of the vote was in favour of leaving the EU with 41.4% voting to remain.

A total of 27,318 to leave, with 26,406 voting to stay in the union.

Turn out was 75 per cent.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

More soon


The local results will be declared by local counting officers and then transmitted to 12 regional headquarters. In Lancashire’s case it will be Manchester Town Hall.

The regional counting officer for the North West will be Manchester City Council’s chief executive Sir Howard Bernstein, who will declare the overall result for the North West once its 39 local results are in.

The regional map has been divided as follows: North West, North East, Yorkshire and the Humber, Scotland, South West and Gibraltar, East Midlands, London, Eastern, South East, West Midlands and Wales plus Northern Ireland. All the UK’s regional results are being sent to Manchester Town Hall.