Firefighters tackle flat blaze

Firefighters were called to a city centre block of flats in the early hours of today to tackle a blaze in a kitchen.

Saturday, 24th March 2018, 8:30 am
Updated Saturday, 24th March 2018, 8:40 am

A crew from Preston dealt with the incident in Richmond House on Avenham Lane at around 1.30am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Food being cooked by the occupants caught fire after being left unattended.

A spokesman said: “A pan had been left on a hob. No-one was injured.

“The damage was mainly caused by smoke. We used a portable fan to clear it.”