Karen Smart, Managing Director at Manchester Airport, said: “Throughout the pandemic, we have worked closely with our airlines and retailers to align our operations with demand and to deliver the best possible customer experience.
“This has included introducing a number of new measures to keep passengers safe and give them the confidence to travel through Manchester Airport, in line with government guidance.
“Having re-opened Terminals Two and Three in July, we have continued to monitor the travel patterns of our airlines and passengers, in order to adapt our operations accordingly.
“With that in mind, we have taken the decision to close Terminal Two again from September 2."
The move comes as the Government has taken some countries off its "safe" list and put others on at very short notice,
Some airlines have cut flights accordingly.
Ms Smart said: “All such decisions are driven by our commitment to deliver the best possible airport experience to customers, colleagues and our airline and retail partners.
“From September 2, all flights will operate from Terminals One and Three and Terminal Two will remain closed until further notice.
“Passengers who were due to fly from or into Terminal Two after that date should contact their airlines to confirm which terminal their flight will be transferred to.
“Our Terminal Two car parks will also close effective of September 2, although customers who have booked parking after this date will be able to transfer their booking to an alternative car park.”
Earlier this week the chief of the Manchester Airports Group criticised the Government for its quarantine rules involving entire countries and islands.
He said jobs were being put at risk.