More than 100 firefighters battled a huge warehouse blaze on Sunday night and early Monday.
Families were evacuated from their homes as fire consumed the Heal's warehouse off Market Place.
There were fears asbestos may contaminate the atmosphere.
Coun Alistair Bradley, Leader of Chorley Council:said: “We’re grateful for the efforts of the emergency services, which helped to contain the fire and keep everyone safe.
“More information, including how to contact the council to arrange a clean up, is available at chorley.gov.uk.”
More info is available at http://chorley.gov.uk/news/Pages/Adlington-fire-update.aspx