The Council said it only learned of the plans at the last minute, when councillors opened up their emails on Monday morning (February 7).
In a statement provided to the Post today, the authority said it is infuriated with how the Government has managed the situation, saying those seeking asylum should not be "dumped on a community with no proper planning".
It says it should have been consulted on the plans beforehand and has demanded an explanation from the Home Office.
Lewis Turner inquest: moped rider "travelling at motorway speeds" on residential New Longton road and without fastened helmet before fatal crash
M65 motorway crews strimming verges until 4am keep residents awake at night
M6 reopens after vehicle transporting sheep overturns following crash between Preston and Lancaster
Preston Brick Veil Mosque inquiry closes as debate rages over whether the place of worship should be permitted
Police urgently need to speak to "dangerous" Karl Bruney regarding a Ribbleton firearms incident last week
The Council also shared its sympathy with staff who have been made redundant at Park Hall Hotel, as well as those who had planned to get married at the venue.
You can read the story of one couple - Adam Weate and Danielle Sugden - whose Park Hall wedding plans have been left in tatters for a third time after the venue already postponed their big day twice last year due to the coronavirus lockdowns. You can read their story here.
Chorley Council' s statement on Government plans to house asylum seekers at Park Hall
Councillor Alistair Bradley, Leader of Chorley Council, said: “Unfortunately, this is a classic example of the government’s uncoordinated approach to dealing with what is a really important issue.
"There doesn’t appear to be any foresight or planning and all we have had is a four line email that we came into at work on Monday outlining a proposal to utilise the hotel for temporary accommodation.
"We need to get more details of what the plans are and whether or not this is for asylum seekers but while we have continued to do our bit to support the relocation of communities in need it has to be done in a managed way and not just dumped on a community with no proper planning.
"We’ve raised this issue previously with the Secretary of State Priti Patel and she had reassured us that any such activity would be done in a managed and coordinated way but that seems to have been completely ignored.
"We will be contacting the Government straight away to find out exactly what’s happening and why we have not been involved until right at the last minute.
"I particularly feel for those who have been informed they no longer have a job or had functions booked at the hotel - if any of those people need support then I’d ask them to get in touch with us for help."
Thanks for reading. If you value what we do and are able to support us, a digital subscription is just £1 per month for the first two months. Try us today by clicking HERE.