Resort pier blaze under investigation
A suspicious fire which badly damaged a toilet block on Blackpool's Central Pier was being investigated today.
Firefighters were called to the pier at around 10.50pm last night.
A large bin in the gents’ toilet block was ablaze.
Four crews wearing breathing apparatus attended and tackled the blaze using a jet.
The block was badly damaged and smoke damage was also caused to the ladies toilets.
A fire brigade spokesman said the origin was suspicious.
Police have been informed.