Preston shooting suspect bailed as attempted murder investigation continues
A 38-year-old man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a shooting in Preston has been bailed.
The man, from Preston, had been Lancashire Police's prime suspect after a man in his mid-30s was shot at home in Bowlingfield, Ingol on Sunday evening (July 11).He was arrested shortly afterwards on suspicion of attempted murder and taken into custody, where he remained for around 72 hours before being bailed.
Lancashire Police said its investigation into the shooting is ongoing.
A police spokesman said: "The man we arrested in connection with the shooting has now been bailed pending further enquiries in relation to that incident. The investigation continues."
Police can hold suspects for up to 24 hours before they have to charge them with an offence or release them, but they can apply to hold suspects for up to 96 hours if they are suspected of a serious crime, such as attempted murder.
The victim's current condition is not known, but Det Chief Insp Al Davies said it was "only a matter of good fortune" that the man wasn't killed in the shooting.
Anybody with information is asked to get in touch on 101, quoting log 1862 of July 11. Alternatively, you contact independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Thanks for reading. If you value what we do and are able to support us, a digital subscription is just £1 per month for the first two months. Try us today by clicking HERE.