Chemical reaction requires emergency crew call out

A Lancashire firm was evacuated and fire crews called after a chemical reaction created hazardous fumes.

Saturday, 14th October 2017, 10:27 am
Updated Tuesday, 12th December 2017, 12:45 pm
Fire crews from Chorley were called

Two fire engines, including a crew from Chorley, attended the incident on Market Street, Adlington in the early hours of Saturday, October 14.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A chemical reaction within a storage hopper caused the problem at the commercial property.

A fire service statement said: "Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used four dry powder extinguishers and fire blankets, and moved the chemical out of the building to dampen down and allow ventilation of the fumes.

"Staff were evacuated and all water run off was contained within interceptors located on the site."