The exam process this year has been extremely different, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
For many, exam results season has brought with it stress and dismay, and plenty of students have been left not knowing what to do next.
This is everything you need to know about the Exam Results Helpline - including what services it offers and how you can get in touch.
What is the Exam Results Helpline?
The Exam Results Helpline is a free service dedicated to offering help and guidance to those who have received their exam results and are unsure about the next steps to take.
The helpline hires professional careers advisors, who are on hand to provide free, impartial advice and guidance for a range of topics, such as:
- Skills, qualifications and subject choices
- Re-sits and re-marks
- Post-16 and post-18 options, including gap years and re-sits/re-marks
- Moving away from home
- Vocational learning routes including diplomas, apprenticeships, SVQs and NVQs
- Careers, employment and setting up in business
How to get in touch
You can get in touch with the exam results helpline from until Friday 28 August 2020. The helpline is open every single day, including weekends, between 8am and 10pm.
It’s free of charge to phone, and the number is 0800 100 900.
Alternatively, you can give the official Exam Results Helpline Twitter a direct message - just click on the envelope icon on the Exam Results Helpline profile.
Alternatively, if you wanted to find out more about how you were graded, the autumn exams series, advice on how to make an appeal, or raise a concern about bias or discrimination, you can get in touch with Ofqual by phoning 0300 303 3344.
What help can I get after Friday 28 August?
The Exam Results Helpline closes on Friday 28 August, but there is still help available to you after this date.
After 28 August, you can get ongoing support from the National Careers Service.
There are loads of ways you can get in touch with the National Careers Service, including:
- Phone call on 0800 100 900 - the lines are open from 8am to 10pm, seven days a week and is free to call
- An online message via the government website here
- Text, by texting your name and the word ADVICE to 07766 413219, and an adviser will call you back
- Webchat, via the government website here - the service is open from 8am to 10pm, seven days a week