Where and when Lancashire’s Remembrance services will be taking place
Services of Remembrance will take place across Lancashire this Sunday.
Preston’s commemoration at 10.25am will depart from the Covered Market, down Lancaster Road, Church Street, Cheapside and then onto the Flag Market at 10.40am. The service begins at 11am.
• In Chorley, the procession, led by Chorley Pipe Band, will parade from St Thomas’s Road at 9.20am on Sunday, through High Street, Cleveland Street and Union Street in time for a service at St Laurence’s Church at 9.45am.
• In Lostock Hall, the remembrance parade leads off from the RBL Club in Brownedge Lane at 2.30pm on Sunday, and will end up at the cenotaph in the middle of Lostock Hall at 3pm.
• In Penwortham, a parade will start at St Leonard’s C of E Church in Marshalls Brow at 9am on Sunday, followed by a service at 9.15am. Then after the service there will be a small ceremony at the War Memorial on Penwortham Hill, Liverpool Road, at 10.45am.
• In Leyland, the service takes place at the Civic Centre at 10am on Sunday. Mayor Coun Mary Green will lead a parade from the Civic Centre to the war memorial at 11am.
• In Longridge, the parade will meet at the RBL Club at 10am on Sunday, leaving at 10.15am.
• In Garstang, meet at 10am on Sunday at Garstang Business Centre car park. The service is in St Thomas’ Church at 10.30am followed by ceremony at the war memorial.
• In Scorton, as in previous years, ministers, their congregations and villagers will gather at the War Memorial at noon on Sunday for the service of remembrance.
• Coun Linda Nulty, mayor of Medlar-with-Wesham will lead the procession around town to the Wesham service, and Kirkham town Mayor Coun Paul Hodgson will be joined by Fylde Mayor Coun Peter Hardy at the service in Memorial Park at 2pm on Sunday. The procession there starts from Orders Lane at 1.30pm.
• For the Morecambe service, a parade will form up at the Platform at about 10.20am on Sunday for a service and silence at the war memorial.
• Lancaster’s commemoration starts at the Garden of Remembrance at the Town Hall, from 10.25am on Sunday.
• For Barton, Bilsborrow and Myerscough the service will be held on Wednesday, November 11. It will start at 10.20am at the war memorial, Bilsborrow.