Firefighters from Leyland and Bamber Bridge were called to the home in Atherton Road at around 9.50am this morning (October 8).
It was discovered the fire involved a washing machine in the kitchen of the property.
Firefighters made the scene safe by isolating the electrics and removing the washing machine from the address.
Driver caught 'snoring merrily away' on the M6 near Bamber Bridge with full-beam headlights and engine running
Fulwood flasher wearing balaclava leaves mum and her seven-year-old daughter feeling 'shaken up'
M6 to close overnight to allow two bridges damaged by vehicle strikes to be repaired
Murder inquiry launched after man critically injured in Preston assault dies
Leyland residents claim they are paying grounds maintenance fees to make it look "worse"
They were in attendance for around 15 minutes.
40 per cent of accidental house fires are caused by electrical appliances and supply, Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said.
- Keep all electrical appliances clean, follow the operating instructions and keep them in good working order
- Only use white goods machines such as washing machines, tumble dryers and dishwashers when you are at home and not asleep
- Don't overload extension leads or adapters
- Regularly check for frayed or worn cables and wires
Thanks for reading. If you value what we do and are able to support us, a digital subscription is just £1 per month for the first two months. Try us today by clicking HERE.