Washing machine bursts into flames in Chorley

Crews were called to a washing machine fire at a home in Chorley this morning (Monday, March 15).

Monday, 15th March 2021, 3:07 pm
Updated Monday, 15th March 2021, 3:08 pm

Two fire engines from Chorley and Bamber Bridge rushed to the scene in Belvedere Drive at around 6.20am.

Firefighters entered the home with one hose reel and ventilation fans to douse the flames and clear the smoke.

No injuries were reported.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A washing machine set on fire at a home in Belvedere Drive. (Credit: Google)

Crews were at the scene for around 20 minutes.

Electrical safety

- Keep all electrical appliances clean, follow the operating instructions and keep them in good working order

- Only use white goods machines such as washing machines, tumble dryers and dishwashers when you are at home and not asleep

- Don’t overload extension leads or adapters

- Regularly check for frayed or worn cables and wires

For more information on keeping washing machines and dryers safe, click HERE.

It is thanks to our loyal readers that we can continue to provide the trusted news, analysis and insight that matters to you. For unlimited access to our unrivalled local reporting, you can take out a subscription here and help support the work of our dedicated team of reporters.

Read More

Read More
Jogger stabbed in the head in East Lancs