Warning after kitchen fire in Preston
The team noticed some items left on top of the hob had caught fire.
Crews quickly extinguished the fire using a ventilation unit and there was one casualty at the scene who was left in the care of paramedics, suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation. Firefighters were in attendance approximately sixty minutes.
Watch manager Dave Curran said;"Turning on the wrong cooker hob is easily done and often radiated heat can ignite any combustibles that are stored too close too.
"People should avoid having a fire by keeping your cooker hob clean and clear."