Urgent search for missing Thornton boy, 14, last seen 10 days ago

Concern has been growing for a missing 14-year-old boy from Thornton who was last seen over a week ago.

Thursday, 11th March 2021, 3:13 pm

Ellis Street-Clegg was last seen in Cleveleys town centre at around 4.20pm on March 1.

Officers said despite "extensive enquiries" the 14-year-old still has not been found and they are now appealing for the public's help.

PC Alexis Walch, of West Police, said: "Ellis has been missing for more than a week now and we are extremely concerned for his welfare."

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

"We have carried out a substantial number of enquiries to try and locate him but they have so far proved unsuccessful. That is why we are now asking the public for their assistance.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to appeal directly to Ellis – if he sees this – to make contact with police straight away to let us know you are OK."

Ellis is described as white with freckles, 5ft 3in tall, of a slim build, with short brown hair.

He was last seen wearing a black North Face jumper, black tracksuit bottoms and black Nike Air Max 270 trainers which have red writing on the side and a blue bubble on the sole.

Ellis Street-Clegg (pictured) is described as white with freckles, 5ft 3in tall, of a slim build, with short brown hair. (Credit: Lancashire Police)

Ellis has links to Thornton Liverpool, the Runcorn area of Cheshire, Bolton, the Rhyll area of North Wales and Milton Keynes, according to police.

Anybody with information has been urged to contact police by calling 101, quoting log number 0939 of March 1, 2021.

For immediate sightings call 999.

It is thanks to our loyal readers that we can continue to provide the trusted news, analysis and insight that matters to you. For unlimited access to our unrivalled local reporting, you can take out a subscription here and help support the work of our dedicated team of reporters.

Read More

Read More
This is why armed police were at Royal Preston Hospital last night