A vehicle caught alight on the westbound carriageway between junctions 1 (Broughton) and 3 (Wesham) on Saturday (May 29).
Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the vehicle – which was “well alight” when crews arrived.
Crews were in attendance for around 40 minutes.
What to do if your car catches fire
- Stay calm and don't panic
- Put your hazard lights on
- Pull over as soon as possible
- Turn your wheels to prevent the car from rolling away, apply your handbrake and turn off the engine
- Release the bonnet using the control in the car. Do not touch the bonnet or lift it up
- Get everyone away from the vehicle and move to a safe area
- Make yourself as visible as possible. Use hi-vis clothing and wave your arms to warn oncoming traffic
- Dial 999