Terraced home damaged by chimney fire in Freckleton
Firefighters tackled a chimney fire at a property in Kirkham Road for over an hour.
One fire engine from Wesham attended the scene at around 4.30pm yesterday (Tuesday, April 6).
Crews used one hose reel to extinguish the flames before thoroughly inspecting the chimney breast with a thermal imaging camera.
The chimney breast was also dismantled to expose the flue to check for fire spread.
No casualties were reported, the fire service said.
Firefighters were at the scene for just over an hour.
It is thanks to our loyal readers that we can continue to provide the trusted news, analysis and insight that matters to you. For unlimited access to our unrivalled local reporting, you can take out a subscription here and help support the work of our dedicated team of reporters.