Pupils saw body of teen mum in park

Children who found the body of a young mum hanged in a park are being supported by their respective schools.

By The Newsroom
Friday, 31st March 2017, 12:00 pm
Updated Saturday, 8th April 2017, 10:28 pm
The young mum was found in Boundary Park, police said (Pic: Google)
The young mum was found in Boundary Park, police said (Pic: Google)

John Topping, community lead for the Fylde Coast Academy Trust (FCAT), said a ‘small group’ of youngsters from Aspire and Unity academies saw the 17-year-old at Boundary Park, in Grange Park, before school started on Thursday.

He said: “They have been supported by the very strong pastoral system within each school, and by members of the local authority.

“Parents were contacted and children sent home if they needed to be.”

Sign up to our daily newsletter

One mum said her daughter has been left ‘devastated’ after trying to revive the teen, whom The Gazette has chosen not to name at this stage, along with several others.

She said: “They did all they could to try and save her. I’m heartbroken for my daughter and friends.

“She’s in really bad shock. She’s done a brave thing. I’m so proud of them all.”

Multiple tributes have been left on social media sites for the teenager, who leaves behind a six-month-old son.

Writing on Facebook, her mum said: “My beautiful baby girl. Mum loves you so much, always and forever.”

Her cousin said: “I am so heartbroken that my little second cousin will be growing up with a mummy.

“You were only 17, too young to go, but you felt that was the only way out because of the way people made you feel. I love you so much.”

A friend described her as a ‘lovely girl’ and a ‘fab mum’, and added: “Wasn’t that long ago I was with you. You will forever be loved. Everyone is going to miss you, girl. Sleep tight.”

Another said: “You had a whole life ahead of you. You were such a fantastic mum.”

A spokesman for Lancashire Police said officers were called to the park shortly after 8am, and said the girl was pronounced dead at the scene.

There were no suspicious circumstances, he added. The coroner’s office in Blackpool confirmed they had been made aware of a sudden death.