Person treated for smoke inhalation following fire at commercial garage in Blackburn

One person was given first aid treatment following a fire at a commercial garage in Blackburn today (June 23).

Wednesday, 23rd June 2021, 2:34 pm
Updated Wednesday, 23rd June 2021, 2:36 pm

Four fire engines from Blackburn Darwen and Hyndburn - as well as an aerial ladder platform - were called to the scene in Canterbury Street at around 11.25am.

Firefighters equipped with two breathing apparatus used two water jets and one ground monitor to extinguish the flames.

One casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

One person was given first aid treatment following a fire at a commercial garage in Canterbury Street.
One person was given first aid treatment following a fire at a commercial garage in Canterbury Street.

Read More

Read More
Group of teenage boys 'kick girl's dog before stealing her phone' in Lostock Hal...

Thanks for reading. If you value what we do and are able to support us, a digital subscription is just £1 per month for the first two months. Try us today by clicking HERE.