Person treated by ambulance crews after chip pan fire in Preston

Firefighters attended a chip pan blaze at a property in Preston for almost two hours.

Two fire engines from Preston rushed to reports of a chip pan blaze at a property in Ainsdale Drive shortly after 4.30am today (November 17).

Upon arrival, firefighters used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a ventilation unit to extinguish the flames.

One person was treated by paramedics at the scene for smoke inhalation but they were not not taken to hospital.

Two fire engines from Preston rushed to a fire at a property in Ainsdale Drive.

Fire crews were in attendance around two hours.

Chip pan safety tips

If you must use a traditional chip pan, follow these fire safety tips:

- If the oil starts to smoke it’s too hot. Turn off the heat and leave it to cool, otherwise it may catch fire

- Never fill a pan more than one-third full of fat or oil

- Never leave the pan unattended when the heat is switched on.

- Make sure that food is dried thoroughly before putting it in hot oil so that it doesn’t spit

- Never deep fry if you’ve been drinking alcohol or taking drugs - or if you are feeling tired

What to do if a pan catches fire

- Turn off the heat under the pan (if it’s safe to do so) and allow it to cool completely

- Don’t move the pan

- Never throw water over it - the effects can be devastating

- Don’t use a fire extinguisher on a pan of oil - the force of the extinguisher can spread the fire

- Don’t tackle the fire yourself - leave the room, close the door, get everyone out of your home and call 999.

For more chip pan fire safety tips click HERE.Thanks for reading. If you value what we do and are able to support us, a digital subscription is just £1 per month for the first two months. Try us today by clicking here.

Read More

Read More
More than 700 cannabis plants seized in Preston drugs bust