Firefighters tackle washing machine blaze at Preston home

Firefighters put out the flames which had taken hold of a washing machine at a home in Preston.

Saturday, 1st June 2019, 10:09 am
Updated Saturday, 1st June 2019, 11:09 am
Firefighters tackle washing machine blaze at Preston home

Crews, wearing breathing masks, battled the blaze in Shuttleworth Road on Friday at around 7.30pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two fire engines from Preston attended a fire involving a washing machine in a domestic building on Shuttleworth Road in Preston.

“Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used one hose reel and a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire.”