Man treated for burns and smoke inhalation after Chorley house fire

A man has been treated for burns and smoke inhalation following a house fire in Chorley.

By Matthew Calderbank
Monday, 30th March 2020, 3:19 pm

Three fire engines from Bamber Bridge and Chorley were called to a house fire in Mackay Croft at 9.40pm last night (Sunday, March 29).

The fire involved a bin inside the home, which had been caused by a lit cigarette.

The fire was out on arrival, but firefighters treated the man for first-aid for burns and smoke inhalation.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Mackay Croft, Chorley. Pic: Google

Paramedics were then called to the scene and the man was taken to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.

No other injuries were reported.

Firefighters were in attendance for approximately one hour and fifteen minutes.