Kitchen boiler fire in Lostock Hall
Firefighters were called to extinguish a boiler blaze in a house in Lostock Hall last night.
Two crews from Penwortham and Bamber Bridge attended the fire in Ampleforth Drive at around 5.45pm.
A spokesman said: "The fire involved a boiler unit within the kitchen of the domestic property.
"Firefighters used one hose reel, two breathing apparatus and a positive ventilation fan to extinguish the fire. They were at the scene for one hour and 15 minutes."
There are no reports of any casualties.