Iron left on electric cooker sparks Preston house fire

An iron left on an electric cooker sparked a fire at a home in Preston this morning (Wednesday, November 17).

Wednesday, 17th November 2021, 10:38 am

Fire crews from Preston and Penwortham were called to the home in Fishwick View after the kitchen caught fire at around 8.40am.

Two engines rushed to the scene where firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze with a hose reel.

A ventilation unit was then used to clear thick smoke from the home.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire crews from Preston and Penwortham rushed to Fishwick View, Preston after a home caught fire at around 8.40am this morning (Wednesday, November 17)

Fortunately, there are no reports of injuries, say the fire service.

It is thanks to our loyal readers that we can continue to provide the trusted news, analysis and insight that matters to you.

For unlimited access to our unrivalled local reporting, you can take out a subscription HERE and help support the work of our dedicated team of reporters.