Grill pan fire catches fire at home in Preston

A grill pan caught fire at a residential property in Preston.

By Sean Gleaves
Saturday, 11th September 2021, 5:12 pm

Fire crews from Preston and Fulwood attended the scene in Deborah Avenue at around 1.30pm today (September 11).

A grill pan had caught alight in the home but it had been extinguished by the time crews arrived, the fire service said.

Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera, small tool kit and a fan unit to make the scene safe.

Fire crews from Preston and Fulwood attended the scene in Deborah Avenue.

They were in attendance for around 15 minutes.

Cooking Safely

- Take pans off the heat or turn the heat down if you're distracted or called away from the cooker.

- Use a thermostat-controlled deep-fat fryer, which will make sure fat doesn't get too hot.

- If you're off enjoying a night out, consider preparing some food for when you come home or perhaps visiting a takeaway instead if you are hungry.

- Don't overfill a pan with oil - never fill it more than one-third full.

- Don't store items on cooker hobs. Radiated heat can easily ignite combustible items. It is also easy to accidentally turn on the wrong dial for the hob or oven.

- Avoid storing items in the oven in case it gets switched on accidentally. However if you do, it is best to ensure they are clean and free from a buildup of grease or food residue.

- If your pan does catch fire, don’t throw water over it, especially if you were cooking with fat or hot oil.

- Be very careful if you are wearing loose clothing.

Read More

Read More
Gang who made 'regular trips to Blackpool to collect drugs' jailed for almost 50...

Thanks for reading. If you value what we do and are able to support us, a digital subscription is just £1 per month for the first two months. Try us today by clicking HERE.