Fire safety warning after blaze in kitchen

Firefighters have reminded people about the importance of calling for help if a blaze breaks out.

A towel caught on fire when it touched a gas hob while someone was cooking at their home on Saturday night.

Crews from Preston fire station were called to Watling Street Road, Preston, at around 7pm.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The occupier dropped the towel on the floor and put out the fire themselves before it could spread.

While they did a “good job” of putting out the flames, a fire service spokesman has reminded people that it is safer not to tackle a fire.

He said: “Obviously we don’t advocate people tackling fires, they should leave that to us.

“Get out of the house and call us.”

Related topics: