Fire crews tackle blaze at Longridge hardware shop
A hardware shop in Longridge has suffered a fire overnight.
Fire crews were called to Swifts Hardware in Berry Lane after a fire broke out in the back of the shop at around 1.10am
Fortunately, staff working through the night at the bakery next door alerted the fire service, which rushed to the scene within minutes.
Firefighters found the ground floor of the shop "well alight" on arrival and requested the attendance of the aerial ladder platform and stinger appliance to fight the fire.
But Swifts has told the Post that "everyone is safe" and no-one has been injured in the blaze, which saw flames spreading to the roof of the two-storey building.
Management has also thanked staff at Berry Lane Bakery for quickly raising the alarm.
"A big thank you to our fire brigade and @berrylanebakerylongridge for alerting them. Great work by you all. Thank you," said Swifts on its Facebook page this morning.
It added that the shop will remain closed today as the family owned business deals with the aftermath of the shop fire.
A fire service spokesman said: "Firefighters from Longridge and Preston attended a fire at a hardware shop on Warwick Street in Longridge in the early hours.
"The ground floor of the property was well alight when fire crews arrived and had spread to the roof of the building.
"Crews brought the fire under control using breathing apparatus, one main jet and a hose reel, alongside the aerial ladder platform and stinger appliance.
"Fire crews are currently still in attendance damping down. There are no casualties involved."
Thanks for reading. If you value what we do and are able to support us, a digital subscription is just £1 per month for the first two months. Try us today by clicking here.