Dogs die after eating mushrooms

Dog owners have been put on alert by police after two pets died of suspected fungi poisoning.

Saturday, 25th March 2017, 10:59 am
Updated Sunday, 26th March 2017, 11:36 am
Durton Lane, Fulwood

Lancashire Police wildlife officers say the dogs ate ‘some kind of mushroom’.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Dog owners are warned to be on their guard in the D’urton Lane area of Fulwood.

The owner took the two dogs to the vet.

A police spokesman said: “The vets are only able to say some kind of mushroom at this stage.”