Dishwasher sparks kitchen fire at Warton house

Firefighters tackled a dishwasher blaze in the kitchen of home in Warton.

By Sean Gleaves
Sunday, 15th November 2020, 1:45 pm

Two fire engines from Bolton le Sands and Carnforth rushed to extinguish the blaze in The Roods shortly before 4.10pm on Saturday (November 13).

Firefighters used one hose reel and a ventilation unit to extinguish the flames.

A spokesman for the Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two fire engines from Bolton le Sands and Carnforth were called to a fire involving a dishwasher on The Roods, Warton.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Two fire engines from Bolton le Sands and Carnforth rushed to extinguish a blaze involving a dishwasher. (Credit: Google)

"No injuries were reported."

40% of accidental house fires are caused by electrical appliances and supply, according to the Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service.

They advise to:

- Keep all electrical appliances clean, follow the operating instructions and keep them in good working order

- Only use white goods machines such as washing machines, tumble dryers and dishwashers when you are at home and not asleep

- Don’t overload extension leads or adapters

- Regularly check for frayed or worn cables and wires

For more safety information click HERE.

Support us and become a subscriber today. Enjoy unlimited access to local news, the latest football stories and new puzzles every day. With a digital subscription, you can see fewer ads, enjoy faster load times, and get access to exclusive newsletters and content. Click here to subscribe.

Read More

Read More
Shocking images show car engulfed in flames near Chorley as investigation launch...