Murder probe launched after 'unprovoked' bar stabbing

A man has died at Royal Preston Hospital after being stabbed in the neck in an 'unprovoked' attack at a bar.

Sunday, 28th January 2018, 5:04 pm
Updated Sunday, 28th January 2018, 6:15 pm
Royal Preston Hospital

The 23-year-old had been at Esco-Bar in Darwen, when he was attacked by another man shortly before 1:20am on Sunday morning, according to police.

The attacker then fled, before the victim walked outside and collapsed in nearby Borough Road.

He later died at Royal Preston Hospital. Lancashire Police said it is treating the death as murder and an investigation is underway.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Det Supt Simon Giles described the incident as "a cowardly, unprovoked attack".

He said: "We are particularly keen to speak to anyone who was in the bar and saw what happened."