Court round-up - 27/04/15

Man sent abusive text

By The Newsroom
Monday, 27th April 2015, 8:02 am

A MAN has been spared jail after he admitted sending a grossly offensive or threatening message to a woman.

Andrew John Crowdy, 33, of Golden Hill Lane, Leyland, pleaded guilty to sending the message via a public telecomms network.

Chorley Magistrates handed him the 10 week sentence but suspended it for 24 months.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

However they ruled he must attend appointments with a responsible officer for 12 months and made a restraining order.

CHORLEY: A man who pleaded guilty to possessing cannabis has been ordered to pay £175.

Gareth Anthony Nightingale, 20, of Howard Road, pleaded guilty to the offence when he appeared before Chorley magistrates.

He was ordered to pay a £70 fine, £85 costs and a £20 victim surcharge.

The cannabis was destroyed.

LANCASTER: A man who tried to damage an unmarked police car has been fined £35.

Stephen Quinn, 43, of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to the offence when he appeared before Preston Magistrates’ Court.

He has also been ordered to pay a £20 surcharge after the incident in Lancaster.

CROSTON: Stuart Ashley, 31, of Moor Road, has been banned from driving for six months and ordered to pay £745 after failing to provide details of a driver alleged to have committed an offence. He was a repeat offender.

LEYLAND: A man has been made the subject of a restraining order after he pleaded guilty to assaulting a man and woman.

James Gordon Franklin, 22, of Rostrevor Close, Leyland, must pay £545 and has been banned from entering Grove Street in the town.

He must also refrain from contacting the two victims named on the order.

ADLILNGTON: A man has been handed a community order after admitting assaulting a woman.

Ryan David Barker, 35, of Westhoughton Road, admitted the attack when he appeared before Chorley magistrates.

He has been ordered to participate in a Safer Relationships program and pay £220.

PRESTON: A homeless man has been fined £35 for using threatening or abusive words or behaviour.

Dane Harry Bleasdale, 23, pleaded guilty at Preston Magistrates’ Court.


Andrew Thomas Turner, 29, of Bolton Street, Chorley, was granted a 12 month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £18 compensation and a £20 surcharge after pleading guilty to stealing meat from Booths in Chorley.

Alan Frederick Hodgson, 68, of Hillside Avenue, Kirkham, was fined £600 with £145 costs after failing to inform police of the details of a driver alleged to have committed a motoring offence.

John Paul Kershaw, 26, of Croasdale Avenue, Ribbleton, was fined £600 with £145 costs for driving without a licence or insurance. He was banned from driving for 18 months.

Gary Walmsley, 43, of Lancaster Road North, Preston, was jailed for 12 weeks after stealing two bottles of perfume from, Boots. He has an appalling record for theft and has disregarded previous court orders.

Johnathan Lee Hough, 30, of Church Street Court Yard, Preston, was handed a 12 month community order and ordered to pay £259 after pleading guilty to stealing alcohol and cigarettes from McColls convenience store.

Joannie Rogers, 44, of Bairstow Street, Preston, was ordered to pay £129.99 after pleading guilty to theft of an Xbox controller and assaulting an officer.

Daniel Sumner, 27, of Samuel Street, Fishwick, was banned from keeping an animal for five years after he was convicted of causing a Staffordshire Bull Terrier unnecessary suffering. He must also pay £250 compensation.

Terry Royston Penzer, 35, of Clifton Avenue, Leyland, has been jailed for four months for repeatedly breaching a restraining order. He must pay an £80 surcharge.

Imran Ahmed, 40, of Fulwood Hall Lane, Fulwood, was granted a 12 month conditional discharge after pleading guilty to assaulting a woman. He must pay £85 costs.