It comes after two men in Blackpool had a narrow escape from a ‘fireball explosion’ caused by a chip pan fire.
The pair, both in their 50s, had put a chip pan on the heat but then fell asleep, causing flames to break out in the kitchen area of the home.
One of the men, alerted by the fire alarm, attempted to extinguish the fire himself by placing the chip pan in under running water, causing a ‘fireball explosion’.
Fortunately, they both escaped with minor burns and smoke inhalation, but the incident has prompted a warning to never attempt to fight a chip pan fire with water.
M6 reopens after vehicle transporting sheep overturns following crash between Preston and Lancaster
The Old Vicarage Care Home: special measures status for Lancashire care home where resident was left lying on floor after falling out of bed
Lytham St Annes care home boss appears in court after death of residents
Preston Brick Veil Mosque inquiry closes as debate rages over whether the place of worship should be permitted
M65 motorway crews strimming verges until 4am keep residents awake at night
Preston Fire Station tweeted: “Do put water on a chip pan fire! Get out, call the fire service and stay out.”