Casualty given oxygen therapy after cooking fire in Chorley

Chorley fire crews were called out to tackle a kitchen fire at a home off Pall Mall last night (Thursday, June 17).

Friday, 18th June 2021, 10:42 am

The 999 call was made after food being cooked at a home in Richmond Court caught fire at 11.18pm.

The fire service said the cooking had been left unattended and led to the home being filled with smoke.

Firefighters gave oxygen therapy to a casualty suffering from smoke inhalation, but the person declined further treatment at hospital.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The 999 call was made after food being cooked at a home in Richmond Court, Chorley caught fire at 11.18pm last night (Thursday, June 17). Pic: Google
The 999 call was made after food being cooked at a home in Richmond Court, Chorley caught fire at 11.18pm last night (Thursday, June 17). Pic: Google

Read More

Read More
'Drink driver' arrested after crashing into petrol station at Charnock Richard S...

"The fire involved some cooking that had been left unattended and firefighters made the scene safe and cleared the property of smoke using a fan.

"Crews also gave oxygen therapy to one person who was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation, although they declined further medical treatment.

"Firefighters were in attendance for around thirty five minutes."

Support us and become a subscriber today. Enjoy unlimited access to local news, the latest football stories and new puzzles every day.

With a digital subscription, you can see fewer ads, enjoy faster load times, and get access to exclusive newsletters and content. Click here to subscribe.