(Video by @OllieEats.)
Made from a minimum of 90% shoulder pork and leg ham, uniquely tasty and versatile SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham can be sliced, diced and sizzled in the frying pan or on the grill to make delicious, quick and easy breakfasts.
From SPAM®bled Eggs and a traditional fry up to the more adventurous SPAM® Huevos Rancheros and SPAM® & Eggs Benedict, it’s time to get the can out of the cupboard and start the day a SPAMTASTIC™ way! Just one 340g can comfortably feeds up to four people.
Here’s a satisfrying breakfast recipe idea to get SPAM® Appreciation Week off to a ‘frying’ start:
1 x SPAM® 200g can or tub of
3 x large eggs
3 x tablespoons milk
2 x spring onions - finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl
2. Fry SPAM® cubes, turning until golden in a dry frying pan. Keep warm
3. Melt butter in a frying pan on a medium hot heat, sauté the spring onions lightly then add the egg mixture
4. Scramble with a spatula until still soft and glossy
5. Add SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham and mix
6. Serve with extra black pepper
And, of course, SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham is a perfectly alternative to bacon, bringing extra meaty succulence to the traditional British breakfast fry up!
Find more recipe ideas, including the delicious SPAM® Huevos Rancheros for up to 4-5 people, and all the latest Appreciation Week news and competitions at www.spam-uk.com and social media channels @OfficialSPAMUK.