Man rescued from burning flat

The Martindales, Clayton-le-Woods
The Martindales, Clayton-le-Woods
Share this article
0
Have your say

Firefighters have smashed their way into a flat and rescued a man from a kitchen blaze.

Crews were called to The Martindales in Clayton-le-Woods at 10.30pm on Friday after a worried neighbour called for help.

After getting no response from the man inside, a door ram was used, and two officers wearing breathing apparatus entered the property.

The man was helped out and although suffering from smoke inhalation, declined treatment.

The fire, caused by grill pan fat igniting, was quickly extinguished.