Emergency services attend house fire in Preston

Fire crews were called to the incident at around 8am this morning.

Fire crews were called to the incident at around 8am this morning.

0
Have your say

Two fire engines and crews attended a fire at a home on Skeffington Road in Preston this morning (1 December).

It is thought that the fire, which started at around 8am, started from a plug and socket in the hallway of the home.

A spokesperson for Preston fire station said: "The fire was out on their arrival at the scene and had not developed or spread beyond the electrical socket where it originated. Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to ensure there were no unseen hot-spots remaining in the wiring."

Nobody was injured as a result of the fire.