Woman suffers smoke inhalation following grill pan fire in Preston

Two fire engines were called to the scene of the incident in Hamer Road at which food ina grill pan had ignited just after 2pm this afternoon.
Two fire engines were called to the scene of the incident in Hamer Road at which food ina grill pan had ignited just after 2pm this afternoon.
Share this article
0
Have your say

Firefighters gave first aid to a woman suffering from smoke inhalation following a grill pan fire at her home in Preston.

Two fire engines were called to the scene of the incident in Hamer Road at which food in a grill pan had ignited just after 2pm this afternoon.

A spokesman from Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The fire had burnt out without spreading to the surroundings but the householder had inhaled smoke and firefighters administered first aid prior to the arrival of Ambulance paramedics."

Firefighters used a portable fan unit to extract smoke from the first floor kitchen.