As it happened: Preston North End 1-3 Queens Park Rangers
Preston North End host Queens Park Rangers as they look to bounce back from back to back defeats in the league last week.
We'll have all the build up from Deepdale ahead of the three o'clock kick off and live updates throughout the 90 minutes. Make sure to refresh the page (F5) to keep up to date with everything.
LIVE: PNE v QPR
Last updated: Saturday, 07 March, 2020, 15:19
- Latest: PNE 1-3 QPR
- Darnell Fisher came forward from right back to win the penalty, Marc Pugh bringing him down before Daniel Johnson coolly slotted the spot kick home.
- Grant Hall equalised for Rangers, an Eze free kick from the right bending to the corner of the six yard box on the far side and the defender hit home at the post nearest to him.
- Geoff Cameron was sent off for a second bookable offence, his late challenge on Fisher rightfully seeing him leave the game early.
- Being a man down didn’t effect the visitors or Ryan Manning, who put QPR ahead. He controlled the ball on the edge of the box before he curled his strike over Rudd, off the crossbar and into the net.
- Eberechi Eze made it three before the end, receiving the ball from Osayi-Samuel before bending into the far corner.
- Follow us on Twitter: @LEP_football
Episode six of Sedds and Sandells is now available to listen to and download everywhere
You can find all the links and the information on the podcast here.
Big test this afternoon
It'll be big test today for PNE, having to cope without Ben Pearson again but this time in a game where they are expected to have most of the possession.
His ability to keep the ball moving as well as break forward and get the better of his man with it can make a big difference, as he showed against Wigan Athletic.
Could Paul Gallagher be the answer today at Deepdale?
Closing in on 2500...
This is PNE's 2,499th league game, and on this date there have only been four games!
An unlucky unbeaten streak
North End are unbeaten in 13 games against QPR, last losing in 1980.
Preston have won seven and drawn six in that time, having been beaten 3-0 30 years ago.
PNE Starting XI: Rudd, Fisher, Bauer, Davies, Hughes, Browne, Gallagher, Johnson, Barkhuizen, Maguire, Harrop.
PNE Subs: Ripley, Huntington, Rafferty, Ledson, Sinclair, Stockley, Nugent.
Avoiding a double
PNE are looking to avoid a league double defeat against QPR for the first time in over 50 years, the 1967-68 season being the last time the London club won twice.
Warm ups in full flow
Both sides are going through their warm ups, PNE with some crisp short small sided possession and QPR just finishing off some shooting.
Drop kick Dec
PNE's 'keeper is using a more old school approach for his kicking it seems, striking on the half volley in the style of Ian Turner who scored here.
Rudd's last kick landed on the edge of the QPR box, an omen?