As it happened: Preston North End 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday
Preston North End are back after the international break and it's a battle of the roses as they host Sheffield Wednesday.
We'll have all the build up and action coming from Deepdale throughout the afternoon so make sure to refresh the page (F5) so you don't miss a thing!
LIVE: PNE vs Sheff Wed
Last updated: Saturday, 21 November, 2020, 15:17
- Full Time: PNE 1-0 Sheff Wed
- PNE Starting XI: Rudd, Fisher, Bauer, Huntington, Rafferty, Ledson, Johnson, Barkhuizen, Potts, Sinclair, Riis.
- PNE Subs: Ripley, Earl, Storey, Pearson, Gallagher, Bayliss, O'Reilly, Stockley, Maguire.
- North End will be looking for their first home win to kickstart their season at Deepdale.
- It’s the first game of Tony Pulis’ tenure for the Owls, with a bit of an unknown quality as to how he’ll approach things with his new side.
- Follow us on Twitter - @LEP-football
Mixed feelings on international stars
Preston manager Alex Neil admits to having mixed feelings about players being away on international duty.
Although delighted for them to be recognised by their country, there is an anxiety about the condition in which they return.
Neil will be without Alan Browne for today’s meeting with Sheffield Wednesday at Deepdale after the midfielder tested positive for Covid-19 while on international duty with the Republic of Ireland.
Daniel Johnson and Sean Maguire were away during the break, Johnson being far more active than Maguire was.
Read the full story here.
First game for Pulis
This afternoon will see Tony Pulis take charge of his first game as Sheffield Wednesday manager.
The Welshman came in for countryman Garry Monk who was relieved of his duties.
Pulis has a distinct style but making it work with this Wednesday squad will be his first test.
Fan noise at Deepdale
PNE Starting XI: Rudd, Fisher, Bauer, Huntington, Rafferty, Ledson, Johnson, Barkhuizen, Potts, Sinclair, Riis.
PNE Subs: Ripley, Earl, Storey, Pearson, Gallagher, Bayliss, O'Reilly, Stockley, Maguire.
Pearson back involved
Ben Pearson makes a return to the PNE squad this afternoon, but Ben Davies still has to wait.
Josh Harrop also misses out on the squad.
Sheffield Wednesday line up
Back from international duty to skipper the side
Teams are coming out
The visitors are the first out, getting changed in the players lounge due to Covid restrictions.