As it happened: Preston North End 0-1 Nottingham Forest
Preston North End welcome Nottingham Forest to Deepdale for their first game of 2021.
We'll have the build up, action and reaction throughout the afternoon so make sure to refresh the page (F5) so you don't miss a thing!
LIVE: PNE vs Nottm Forest
Last updated: Saturday, 02 January, 2021, 15:25
- Full Time: PNE 0-1 Forest
- PNE Starting XI: Rudd, Fisher, Huntington, Davies, Hughes, Ledson, Bayliss, Potts, Johnson, Barkhuizen, Maguire.
- PNE Subs: Ripley, Earl,m Storey, Rafferty, Gallagher, O'Reilly, Holland-Wilkinson, Riis, Stockley.
- North End come into the game in good form, winning their last three in a row and their last three home games.
- Forest have found things tough so far this season and have already changed manager in a bid to correct it.
- Follow us on Twitter - @LEP_football
Bye bye Ben Davies?
Ben Davies’ long association with Preston looks to be coming to an end with him now being eyed from abroad as well as on these shores.
It is understood that of the four key players who are now in the last six months of their contracts, Davies is the clearest in what to do next.
The talented defender has indicated that he will not sign the new contract offered to him, so a January move looks to be on the cards.
It has been reported that Belgian club Genk have shown an interest in Davies, although that interest has yet to turn into anything official by way of a bid to North End.
With the 25-year-old also having been linked to a move to Germany in recent months, he does seem to be a player in demand.
Read the full article here.
More of the same
PNE are unbeaten in eight league matches against Nottingham Forest, although they have only won two of them and have drawn the other six.
Each of the last four meetings between today’s two sides at Deepdale have ended in draws.
If PNE win today, they will make it four wins in a row in the league, and four wins in a row at Deepdale.
There’s no stopping today’s game
Forest’s line up...
Perfect start to 2021 for Bayliss
Tom Bayliss will start his first league game for PNE this afternoon, Alan Browne is unavailable through injury and the no.7 comes in.
Snow’s been falling...
Both sides ready to go
Forest are stood beside the tunnel, PNE are preparing themselves in the tunnel with the subs emerging ahead of them.