Jermaine Beckford has signed for Bury after his release by Preston North End.
The striker has agreed a two-year contract with the League One outfit and will join them on July 1.
Beckford was freed by North End earlier this week, with him out of contract at the end of June.
He joined PNE on loan from Bolton Wanderers in November 2014 and scored 18 goals that season, including a hat-trick in the play-off final at Wembley, as the Lilywhites were promoted.
But after signing on a permanent basis in June 2015, Beckford did not have the best of times at Deepdale.
The 33-year-old missed most of the 2015-16 campaign after having knee surgery, then this season was sent-off in successive games.
After joining Bury, Beckford told their official website: "I'm just so excited about being given the chance to play football and the vision that has been shown to me by the manager and the chairman just blew my mind.
"I'm excited about getting involved and helping this club get to the next level.
"The motivation for me to come to Bury is the overall project that the chairman and manager have explained to me.
"I'm excited to be a part of it and just want to get going as soon as we can."
Shakers manager Lee Clark said: "Thankfully we got in very quickly when we heard that Jermaine had been released by Preston.
"This shows our intent and I have no doubt that there will be a few disappointed Championship and League One clubs once they hear the news that we have secured his signature."