Non-league round-up

Ally Waddecar scored a landmark Brig goal (photo: Paul Vause)
Ally Waddecar scored a landmark Brig goal (photo: Paul Vause)
Have your say

Alistair Waddecar scored his 100th goal for the club, as Bamber Bridge came from a goal down to record an emphatic 4-1 home victory over high-flyers Mossley.

Jamie Milligan scored from two set-pieces, while substitute Regan Linney added an impressive third as the Lilywhites’ two-month-long unbeaten run ground to a halt.

Earlier, Dave Short had pounced on a Lee Dovey mistake to give the seventh-placed side a second-minute lead.

Waddecar spurned several chances to bag his milestone goal, but eventually the big 100 was brought up with a little help from Milligan.

The ex-Everton and Blackpool man saw his free-kick palmed on to the post by Flynn, but Waddecar was there to tap home the rebound and join a select club of Brig triple-figure goalscorers.

Elsewhere in the NPL First Division North, Burscough won 2-1 at New Mills.

Daniel Douglas-Pringle put the hosts ahead but Michael Monaghan and a Paul Williams penalty earned the points.

Lancaster City drew 2-2 at Ossett Town, coming from two goals down. Second-half strikes from Jacob Gregory and Zach Clark gave the Dolly Blues a point.

Clitheroe lost 2-0 at Trafford, while Kendal were well beaten 3-0 at Warrington Town.

In the National League North, AFC Fylde suffered a disappointing 1-0 defeat at home against in-form Alfreton Town.

Dan Bradley scrambled home the only goal of the game on 40 minutes against the run of play, after goalkeeper Matt Urwin had spilled Sam Jones’ long-range effort.

Elsewhere, without their former captain Luke Foster – who signed for Harrogate Town earlier in the week – Southport were soundly beaten 3-0 at home by Boreham Wood in the National League.

The Sandgrounders attacked from the start and Andy Wright headed an Adam Blakeman free-kick against the post after just ten minutes.

But it was the visitors who opened the scoring with a 25-yard shot by Luke Howell, who went on to double his tally with a similar effort on the half-hour.

Max Crocombe saved an on-target shot from Delano Sam-Yorke on 71 minutes.

But he had no chance three minutes later when David Stephens headed in a free-kick from close range after a foul by Gary Jones.

The defeat leaves Southport only six points above the drop zone.