A worker was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire drama at a saw mill in Farington, near Leyland.
Firefighters were called to Whitfires in Green Lane this afternoon after a trailer entered the building with contents smouldering.
The blaze destroyed the trailer and also spread to the roof of the building. Firefighters brought in an aerial ladder to tackle the incident and remained on the scene for several hours as a precaution.
A man was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke. The blaze is thought to have been started accidentally.