Woman suffers smoke inhalation following grill pan fire in Preston
Firefighters gave first aid to a woman suffering from smoke inhalation following a grill pan fire at her home in Preston.
Two fire engines were called to the scene of the incident in Hamer Road at which food in a grill pan had ignited just after 2pm this afternoon.
A spokesman from Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The fire had burnt out without spreading to the surroundings but the householder had inhaled smoke and firefighters administered first aid prior to the arrival of Ambulance paramedics."
Firefighters used a portable fan unit to extract smoke from the first floor kitchen.