Woman rescued after fire in flat

fire generic
fire generic
Share this article
Have your say

A woman was rescued from a flat after a fire broke out on Sunday morning.

Fire crews were called to a property in Aldingham Court in Morecambe at about 1.15am after a pan of food, which had been left on the cooker, caught fire.

A neighbour called the fire brigade after hearing the smoke alarm, and fire fighters escorted the woman out of the flat.

She was suffering from smoke inhalation.

Three fire engines attended and equipment including two breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a door ram were used.