WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGE: Glass attack horror

Bamboogy on King Street, where Daniel Platt was the victim of an horrific bottle attack
Bamboogy on King Street, where Daniel Platt was the victim of an horrific bottle attack
Share this article
0
Have your say

A MAN has been left with horrific facial injuries after a glass attack in a bar.

Gruesome images of Daniel Platt’s deep wound have gone viral on Facebook after he and a friend posted them following the incident in the early hours of Saturday morning at Bamboogy on King Street in Wigan.

Daniel Platt with his face slashed after an attack in Wigan town centre. Photo posted on Facebook by friend James Harmer.

Daniel Platt with his face slashed after an attack in Wigan town centre. Photo posted on Facebook by friend James Harmer.

He explained how he had been attacked by another man with a bottle while pal James Harmer thanked bouncers for their intervention.

Police say they have arrested and bailed a 25-year-old man for the assault.

Daniel wrote on Facebook: “To everyone who’s wondering what happened to me, I got attacked round Wigan on Friday night with a bottle.

“Just shows you don’t know what anyone is capable of doing these days. Would like to thank everyone who was there for me.”

Just shows you don’t know what anyone is capable of doing these days. Would like to thank everyone who was there for me

Daniel Platt

James also posted a photo of his pal’s friend, describing how it nearly ended Daniel’s life.

He said: “Strange weekend, Strange how you can feel you know your safe in a night club when in fact you don’t know what will happen,

“A big thank you to the bouncers and ambulance service on Friday in aiding my friend Daniel Platt after he was disgustingly attacked.

“Goes to show you don’t know what’s around the corner but I’m so happy he’s now on the mend, Road to recovery starts here! I just wish everyone can stay safe on nights out.”

A police spokesman said: “We were called to the bar at 2.10am on Saturday morning.

“A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of section 18 assault. He has been bailed until December 18.”