UCLan advice on TV licence needs

Latest news
Latest news
Share this article
Have your say

AS undergraduates move into student accommodation, TV licensing advisors will be on hand to offer advice on licensing requirements.

The team will be giving out information to parents and students about TV licensing requirements in student accommodation, from their stand at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) on Monday.

Matthew Thompson of TV Licensing said students would need a licence if they were planning to watch or record programmes at the same time as they are broadcast, regardless of the device they are taking to university.

He said: “The short time between achieving your A-Level results and moving to university can be hectic and buying a TV licence may fall by the wayside.

“We’re encouraging students and their parents to chat to the TV licensing team at The University of Central Lancashire to understand the rules around watching live TV in your new halls accommodation.” Call TV licensing on 0300 790 6113.