Two people taken to hospital after Morecambe flat fire
Two people have been taken to hospital after a flat fire in Morecambe yesterday (November 24).
Two fire engines rushed to the home in Mardale Avenue at 5.13am, where they tackled a fire in a first floor flat.
Firefighters were at the scene for three hours and twenty minutes and used four breathing apparatus and two hose reels to extinguish the fire.
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said two casualties were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
It is more important than ever on you taking out a digital subscription to support our journalism.
For unlimited access to news and information online, you can subscribe here.