Firefighters attended what they described as a ‘serious’ incident at a house in Preston.
Three fire crews from Preston and Penwortham were called to the incident at around 6am this morning after a fire broke out on the ground floor of a house on Haworth Road. Mick Hayes, Crew Manager at Preston Fire and Rescue Service, confirmed that the blaze involved a pan left on a hob in the kitchen.
Firefighters using breathing equipment and hosereels rescued two adult men from the property.
They were taken to hospital by ambulance.
The fire is currently under investigation.