Smoke sparks alert at BAE site

Staff at the BAE site in Samlesbury were evacuated this morning following reports of smoke.

Monday, 13th November 2017, 6:37 am
Updated Tuesday, 12th December 2017, 4:52 am
Fire crews were called out to the incident at BAE

Fire services were called to the site at around 6.45am on Monday November 13 after smoke was spotted coming out of a roof vent.

A spokesman for the fire service said: "We were called out to reports of smoke coming from a vent.

"Early reports suggest that this is not a major fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

"No flames were visible."

Nobody is believed to have been injured in the incident.